September is National Honey Month and in this camp we will be focused on the producers of honey – the Honey Bee. The week will be filled with fun and informative workshops and field trips to local farms to learn about why the honey bee is important to our earth and our lives.
This Day Camp is available to City Schools of Decatur students only.
Pre-K through Fifth Grade. Your child's birthday must fall between 9/1/2009 and 9/1/2015
Daily play time (outside when weather permits), plus ...
- Field trip: Decatur Public Library
- Making "Bee" shirts
- Make a book about Bees
- Field trip: Bessie Branham Park
- Nutrition presentation with Miss Chelsey
- Guest Speaker: Honey Bee Goode
- Making Bee art
- Field trip: Fernbank Science Center
- Making a bee-inspired snack (will contain honey)
If cooking demonstrations and food-based activities are scheduled, campers will have the opportunity to sample what has been prepared. Eating the samples is not required.
- Two healthy snacks will be provided (9:30 am and 3:00 pm)
- Any field trip admissions and/or guest speaker fees
- Reusable water bottle (labeled with your child's name)
- Large, healthy non-refrigerated lunch (SoulShine is a nut-free facility)
- Dress your child appropriately for the weather
Drop-off 7:30 to 9:30 am
Pick-up 4:30 to 6:30 pm
- Currently enrolled SoulShine After School students: $55/day
- Non-enrolled students: $65/day
A minimum of ten confirmed registrations by the registration deadline – per camp day – is required for the camp to take place. You will be notified as quickly as possible if any camp days are being cancelled.
- Registration Deadline: Monday, September 16 at 5:00 pm
- Cancellation Deadline: Sunday, September 15 at 11:59 pm
New, streamlined process for Day Camp Registration
Download and read the Day Camp Handbook
Complete the Camper Registration Form (below)
Parents will be asked to affirm receipt/reading of the handbook. Please complete that step first.
Pay for the Camp Days via PayPal
When you complete the registration form, you'll be given the price and the link to pay via PayPal. Tuition Express is not required for Day Camp fees.