before September 1 of
the current school year
School hours 8:15 to 2:45
Monday through Friday
Optional Extended Care Available
Feel the Difference
- Georgia's Pre-K curriculum plus permaculture-inspired activities
- Free vegetarian made-from-scratch lunch for all students
Dig into SoulShine's Pre-K Program
School Day Structure
SoulShine Decatur is a Licensed provider for Georgia's Pre-K Program (CCLC-46950).
For the upcoming 2019/20 school year, the Pre-K class is full. Please sign up for the wait list here.
Georgia's Pre-K Program:
- Provides a minimum of 180 days of instruction
- 6.5 hours of instructional service per day
- Follows the City Schools of Decatur academic year calendar
- School Hours: 8:15 to 2:45
- Includes vegetarian made-from-scratch lunch for all students
There will be a mandatory registration session in before school starts each year. Parents who have enrolled will be notified of the date and must be prepared with the necessary original documents at that session, to ensure their child is enrolled in the upcoming Pre-K class.
The State of Georgia requires the following to register your child for Pre-K:
- Child’s Social Security card
- Child’s proof of age (birth certificate or passport)
- Proof of Georgia residency (gas or electric bill, mortgage or rental agreement).
- DECAL Enrollment Form
When school begins, parents must also provide these forms:
- Immunizations (DHR Form 3231)
- Hearing, vision and dental examination certificates (DHR Form 3300)
Optional Extended Care
Optional Extended Care is available from 7 to 8:15 am, and from 2:45 to 6:30 pm.
Extended Care tuition includes:
- Afternoon Snack
- After-school hours will include permaculture-based activities focused on farming, gardening, composting, cooking, economics and self-sufficiency.
Extended Care enrollment also requires an annual $150 annual registration fee per child. This is a non-refundable fee.
Pre-K Extended Care Tuition
- 7:00 to 8:15 am
- 2:45 to 6:30 pm
- Afternoon Snack
- After-school hours will include permaculture-based activities focused on farming, gardening, composting, cooking, economics and self-sufficiency
- Requires an annual $100 registration fee per child. This is a non-refundable fee.
One Pre-K Class
Max 22 students
We are not able to accept any more potential students for the 2020/2021 school year.